Monday, April 20, 2020

Doing Some Reading


I’ve been doing some reading, and I thought this is a good series. I thought the books were a good representation of characters of color. I was a bit reminded of reading Octavia Butler, but Ms. Butler wrote science fiction, and this is fantasy.  I enjoyed reading about the world of Orisha that Ms. Adeyemi built. The first book, Children of Blood and Bone, was sooooooo good that I pre-ordered the second book, Children of Virtue and Vengeance. I enjoyed the second book as well, not like the first, but I must admit that the end threw me for a loop, but it makes me curious to see how the series is going to wrap up. The characters and their journeys are interesting. I admit that I’m usually not a fan of the first-person point of view and multiple points of view, but Ms. Adeyemi manages to weave a great story. I’m glad I picked up that first book in the series and decided to read. If you have the opportunity during this time of shelter in place, I suggest that you curl up with these novels. I don’t think you will be disappointed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mardi Gras!

  It's that time of the year again, Fat Tuesday. Happy Mardi Gras! Everyone is enjoying themselves today, whether in Mobile or New Orlea...