Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Interesting Times

It's been a while since I've written a post. Times now have become new and some may even say "strange" with COVID-19, the social distancing and everything that follows. I'm going to call them interesting. I can't be negative, gotta try to see that silver lining. I am working from home until further notice. I must say that I miss my little office with its windows and my Pathos plant. I watered it about a week ago. I wonder how it's doing. They (I don't know exactly who) say that plants in the office need people. They have a symbiotic relationship. I wonder does my Pathos need me. I certainly miss it. Sometimes I feel like I'm going through a bout of grief or some twinge of depression. At times I feel like I'm slogging along, sometimes through mud. Today, I was actually motivated. It was a good day, and I'm glad and grateful for it. This is week two of our work from home policy.

I got a little writing done, after doing my office work. I'm on draft six of Water's Memory. The revisions are coming along. I posted each chapter in the novel workshop at The Write Practice. The people that read and critiqued provided helpful feedback. If you're a writing, you may want to invest in joining the workshop.

I also finished reading The Story Grid. I recommend it for those writers who want to sharpen their skills with plots in certain genres.
The Book - Story Grid



I've been reading a few books lately and will give the lowdown soon. In the meantime, you be easy, stay healthy, and safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mardi Gras!

  It's that time of the year again, Fat Tuesday. Happy Mardi Gras! Everyone is enjoying themselves today, whether in Mobile or New Orlea...